Not quite traditional ramen, but when the weather turns against you, go with what you can. This recipe’s an expanded version of one by Jack Monroe. Spoon some whoa fuck dressing over the egg before serving for an extra flavour kick.
It takes 15 minutes and it is warming as hell.
Prep time 3 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 3tbsp maggi liquid seasoning
- 3tbsp soy sauce
- 125g (1 pack) shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cooked chicken breasts (~250g)
- 2 scallions
- 2 eggs
- 200g (2 packs) instant ramen
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- Bring 120ml of water to a boil in a large pot, and add the stock pots, maggi, and soy. Keep it simmering.
- Bring another pan of water to a rolling boil, and add a tablespoon of the soy sauce.
- Clean the scallion and finely slice the whites. Set the greens aside. Slice the mushrooms, and cut the chicken into strips.
- Set a timer for seven minutes. Add the scallion whites, mushrooms, and chicken to the large pot. Gently add the eggs to the smaller pan and set the timer going.
- Slice the scallion greens on the diagonal. Peel and grate the carrot. Roughly chop the spinach.
- When the timer shows 4 minutes remaining, add the noodles to the large pot. Stir constantly, so that they cook through despite everything else in the pot.
- When the time’s up, remove the eggs and place in a bowl under running cold water.
- Divide the ramen and broth between two bowls. Top with the carrot, spinach, and scallion, leaving room for the egg.
- Remove the shell of the eggs and cut in half with a sharp knife. Arrange the eggs yolk-side up in the space.
Nom.Originally posted at Dreamwidth, where people have commented. Please join them. You can log in there with your Livejournal account.